We believe in God as eternal Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God created and sustains the universe. The eternal purpose of God the Father is to create a people who will bring glory to God forever. God alone is worthy of worship.
We believe that God became human in Jesus Christ. Jesus came to restore the world because humans have rejected God in disobedience. Jesus taught and modeled the way of God’s kingdom. He died on the cross, making it possible for us to accept a renewed relationship with God. He rose from the dead, broke the power of sin and death, and frees us to live in obedience to God’s will.
We believe that God the Holy Spirit invites all people to be reconciled with God and to join the global family of faith. Believers confess their faith, are baptized, and join in the celebration of the Lord’s Supper. Through the power of the Holy Spirit and guided by the Bible, members of the church seek to live as followers of Christ and invite others to experience this new life.
As Christians, we look forward to the day when God will once again send Jesus to bring all things under God’s eternal rule.
THE MENNONITE BRETHREN CONFESSION OF FAITH
The MB Church emphasizes the centrality of biblical authority, articulating confessions of faith in order to connect scriptural teaching with contemporary discipleship.
The MB Confession of Faith describes how the MB Church interprets the Bible for our context and is an authoritative guide for biblical interpretations, theological identity and ethical practice. The Bible is our written authority. As Anabaptists we believe that authoritative interpretation of the Bible is the result of corporate reflections under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. The MB Confession of Faith is the result of such a process.
As Christians we are called to turn:
- from ignorance of God to a personal relationship with God;
- from bondage of sin and past mistakes to freedom, forgiveness, and healing;
- from individualism to interdependence with others in the local church;
- from lifestyle choices that harm us, others and the earth to choices that nurture wholeness, healing, joy and peace;
- from hating enemies and ignoring neighbors to showing love and justice to all;
- from loving possessions to sharing with all in need;
- from aimless existence to a mission of representing God’s kingdom on earth.
As Christians we look forward to the day when God will once again send Jesus to bring all things under God’s eternal rule.
Kelowna Gospel Fellowship stands in full support of the Mennonite Brethren confession of faith, which can be found in its entirety here: We Believe